Your First Visit
At your first visit, there will be a preliminary chat to get to know you, and to talk about your orthodontic problems and possible treatment.
What happens at my first visit?
- Your orthodontist will carry out a thorough examination of the face, the jaws and the teeth.
- This is usually followed by radiographs (X-ray examination) and digital scan or impressions (moulds) of the teeth.
- These records will help your orthodontist to diagnose the underlying problems with your bite correctly and formulate a suitable treatment plan which aims to straighten your teeth perfectly, improve your bite and give you an attractive smile.
- You will receive your suggested treatment plan soon after your consultation.
- If you decide to go ahead with treatment please contact the practice to start your journey to a beautiful smile!
Finding out about your options
You may be having the consultation with a view to having orthodontic treatment, or for a second opinion, or just to see what options are available for improving your smile.
A primary purpose of your consultation appointment is to listen to your views and concerns about your bite and dental/facial appearance and assess what result you hope to achieve from any orthodontic treatment.
At certain times of day we can offer free initial consultations (excluding x-rays and the report). Call us today to find out more.